Watch the most recent sermon on 10.17.2021 Go Now!
October 17, 2021 | Doug Sauder
Watch our most recent mid-week message here.
Every Easter, families look for ways to celebrate with an elaborate brunch. This year, despite all that is happening, we can still make a memorable, joyful holiday celebration and create a sense of connection with the people we love. The key is to keep things simple. And what better way than creating a fun brunch recipe your kids (and the kids at heart) will love! The main ingredient is no other than Captain Crunch! “It's got corn for crunch, oats for punch, and it stays crunchy, even in milk.”
Captain Crunch French Toast*
4 pieces of challah bread
3 cups crushed Captain Crunch
½ cup Captain Crunch Berries
4 tablespoons Marshmallow Fluff
Powdered sugar to garnish
French Toast Batter
5 whole eggs
½ quart heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
¼ cup cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
Putting It All Together
1. Spread evenly the marshmallow fluff on 2 pieces of challah bread. Top with another slice of bread to form a sandwich.
2. Mix all the ingredients of the French Toast batter, then dip both sides of the sandwich in the mixture until it begins to soak into the bread and coat it completely.
3. Dip both sides of the sandwich in Captain Crunch and coat evenly.
4. Place the sandwich on a buttered grill or skillet and grill until golden brown, flipping to cook evenly.
5. Top your stuffed French toast with Crunch berries, whipped cream, or even powdered sugar.
“Crunch-a-tize Me Cap’n!” (Enjoy!)
*Recipe courtesy of The Grill at Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale.